Welcome to schliefkevision.com, the website for Kansas City artist Michael Schliefke. Michael is a self employed artist who paints and draws, curates shows, and teaches painting and drawing classes for adults and children out of his studio.
A 1997 graduate of the Kansas City Art Institute, Michael is working on a new body of work and making plans on curating a large group show of painting. Michael lives in the River Market neighborhood with his girlfriend, who is pursuing her Master’s in urban ecology
Here’s the latest goings on:
- Take a look back at the Last Supper Commission that Michael completed in Austin, Texas earlier this year.
- Michael is putting together a new art project that will involve a few friends and a fresh idea, so keep an eye out in Kansas City
- The ‘Be an Artist’ t-shirt has been one of the most popular he’s ever printed. He’s got more to sell!
- Before leaving Austin, Texas, Michael was inducted into the the Austin Critics’ Table Art Hall of Fame twice – as a member of the Big Medium team that put together the East Austin Studio Tour, Texas Biennial and the West Austin Studio Tour. He was also inducted as a member of Blue Genie Art, where he worked on various large scale art projects for a variety of clients as well as curated shows and created the Danger Derby.
- Just before he was left town, the Austin Chronicle contacted Michael and asked about his opinions about the Austin art scene. Take a look at the complete interview.
Social media is the worst, but if it’s your game then the schliefkevision page exists solely for you! It has updates from his studio, various newsworthy art stories, and a collection of works that helps inspire him in his own work. ‘Like’ it today and share it with your friends.