Welcome to schliefkevision.com, the website for Kansas City painter Michael Schliefke. Michael is a self employed artist who paints and draws, curates shows, and teaches painting and drawing classes for adults and children out of his studio.
A 1997 graduate of the Kansas City Art Institute, Michael is working on a new body of work and making plans on curating a large group show of painting. Michael lives in the River Market neighborhood with his girlfriend, who is pursuing her Master’s in urban ecology.
SPECIAL HOLIDAY SALE!
Now through December 18th, there is a 50% off sale on all the artwork in my online store. If you’d like to see a painting in person, or other paintings that are available at the same sale price, just email me. Use the code ‘HOLIDAY’ when you check out!
Here’s the latest goings on:
- Gift certificates for painting and drawing classes are now on sale through the holidays! Get your friend or loved one some art classes for the new year! – Save 20% on the 2015 pricing for classes!
- Plenty of updates coming soon, as the unusually busy year winds down. I’m rather excited about starting in on a new body of work in 2015, and will have some shows lined up around Kansas City soon!
- I updated the site to include my Onion interview waaay back in 2007 when I wrote a satirical comic book about the gentrification of East Austin.
- Take a look back at the Last Supper Commission that Michael completed in Austin, Texas earlier this year.
- Before leaving Austin, Texas, Michael was inducted into the the Austin Critics’ Table Art Hall of Fame twice – as a member of the Big Medium team that put together the East Austin Studio Tour, Texas Biennial and the West Austin Studio Tour. He was also inducted as a member of Blue Genie Art, where he worked on various large scale art projects for a variety of clients as well as curated shows and created the Danger Derby.
- Just before he was left town, the Austin Chronicle contacted Michael and asked about his opinions about the Austin art scene. Take a look at the complete interview.
Social media is not my favorite, but if it’s your game then you can follow me on twitter, or check out the facebook schliefkevision page that exists solely for you! It has updates from his studio, various newsworthy art stories, and a collection of works that helps inspire him in his own work. ‘Like’ it today and share it with your friends.