Welcome to Schliefkevision.com, the website of Kansas City painter and art instructor Michael Schliefke. Here’s the latest goings on:
- A Quick Sale on four 90 minute painting or drawing classes for March is going on right now through March 6, classes must start before March 20. Only $100 (regular price $150)!
- Michael was named one own the 25 Kansas City artists chosen to be an Artist Inc fellow for 2015. The eight week program focuses on the business aspects of being an artist and begins in March.
- January is a busy time to start the New Year off right with some painting or drawing classes. Available slots are filling up fast, so sign up today!
- I updated the site to include my Onion interview waaay back in 2007 when I wrote a satirical comic book about the gentrification of East Austin.
- Take a look back at the Last Supper Commission that Michael completed in Austin, Texas earlier this year.
- Before leaving Austin, Texas, Michael was inducted into the the Austin Critics’ Table Art Hall of Fame twice – as a member of the Big Medium team that put together the East Austin Studio Tour, Texas Biennial and the West Austin Studio Tour. He was also inducted as a member of Blue Genie Art, where he worked on various large scale art projects for a variety of clients as well as curated shows and created the Danger Derby.
- Just before he was left town, the Austin Chronicle contacted Michael and asked about his opinions about the Austin art scene. Take a look at the complete interview.
- Social media is not my favorite, but if it’s your game then you can follow me on twitter, or check out the facebook schliefkevision page that exists solely for you! It has updates from his studio, various newsworthy art stories, and a collection of works that helps inspire him in his own work. ‘Like’ it today and share it with your friends.
Michael is a self employed artist who paints and draws, curates shows, and teaches painting and drawing classes for adults and children out of his studio.
A 1997 graduate of the Kansas City Art Institute, Michael is working on a new body of work and making plans on curating a large group show of painting. Michael lives next door to the City Market with his girlfriend, who is pursuing her Master’s in urban ecology.