Welcome to Schliefkevision.com, the website of Kansas City painter Michael Schliefke.
Here’s the latest goings on:
- Plans are in motion for a show in December in Kansas City as well as a show in Lawrence in the spring of 2016. Alongside a couple of side projects, this is going to be a busy time in the studio.
- Michael was named one own the 25 Kansas City artists chosen to be an Artist Inc fellow for 2015. The eight week program focuses on the business aspects of being an artist and began in March.
- Spring is a great time to start up some painting and drawing classes. These fun and affordable private classes are just what you need! Available slots are filling up fast, so sign up today!
- I updated the site to include my Onion interview waaay back in 2007 when I wrote a satirical comic book about the gentrification of East Austin.
- Take a look back at the Last Supper Commission that Michael completed in Austin, Texas in 2014.
- Michael was inducted into the the Austin Critics’ Table Art Hall of Fame twice – as a member of the Big Medium team that put together the East Austin Studio Tour, Texas Biennial and the West Austin Studio Tour. He was also inducted as a member of Blue Genie Art, where he worked on various large scale art projects for a variety of clients as well as curated shows and created the Danger Derby.
- The Austin Chronicle contacted Michael and asked about his opinions about the Austin art scene. Take a look at the complete interview.
- Social media is not my favorite, but if it’s your game then you can follow me on twitter, or check out the facebook schliefkevision page that exists solely for you! It has updates from his studio, various newsworthy art stories, and a collection of works that helps inspire him in his own work. ‘Like’ it today and share it with your friends.
Michael is a self employed artist who paints and draws, curates shows, and teaches painting and drawing classes for adults and children out of his studio.