Here are the latest links from around the web that deal with the art world, design, or just some interesting stuff in general:
- Austinites! Courtesy of the fine folks at Big Medium, the West Austin Studio Tour revs up this weekend and continues through next weekend. It’s your uber-less duty to check out and support as many artists as you can!
- Absolute weirdness from the folks who unabashedly mass produce beer in Eastern Missouri – Budweiser is going, um, American? Maybe the Budvar crowd will get really, really excited about this!
- I only found out about the previous Bud story because I wanted to show off the beautiful redesign Guinness did on its products.
- The sequel will be all about Shepard Fairey.
- Why are people such idiots? When I was in art school, painters joked that sculptures were things you bumped into when you were stepping back to look at a painting. Good work on getting that awesome facebook profile pic!
- More and more I’m of the mind politics and art shouldn’t cross paths too much – there’s plenty of reasons for this that I’ll go into in a future blog post – but when an artist does do something novel that combines the two and becomes notorious for it – the result of that notoriety shouldn’t be a punch in the fucking face. Seriously?
- I went and saw the final presentations of the Spring 2016 Artist Inc Fellows last week, and it was a pretty amazing wealth of talent on display and a pretty great program run by some fine, dedicated folks. Applications are now open for the next session in KC, so sign up today!