Back again for more, here’s the latest collection of art links from the web for you to peruse at your leisure. Included this time out are the latest kerfuffle to hit Kansas City, this time in the form of an Onion article, along with a nice interview with a former art thief, and the usual rag-a-tag art links that caught my attention.
- The Onion took on one of Kansas City’s institutions in a great story. The Nelson replied formally, and the KC Star took offense without any humor at all.
- Frank Auerbach is back in the news, and this great painter shouldn’t be overlooked. More about his relationship with Lucian Freud is here as well.
- Cool interview with a former art thief
- These billboards are all over Kansas City, apparently, its a worldwide phenomenon.
- The eventual demise of art in Detroit continues…
- The age old adage of ‘good artists stealing and bad artists copying‘ on display in Basel
- Art and the Internet, another story about how each should change the other
- But all the directors of non-profits are paid first, and handsomely.
- Mass MoCA, the already gigantic museum in western Massachusetts, is expanding!