Here we are: just a week and a half away from the end of yet another year. Schliefkevision the website will be turning twelve years old in January, so I’ll probably be posting some older stories during the month to reflect on the insanity that I have kept up this blog over all the years.
In other news, here are some of the art stories happening in the art world these days that may or may not be of interest to you, but I thought they were cool enough to pass along:
- Cadmium Red Alert: Europe may ban this red???
- Welcome Megan Crigger to Kansas City! She did a helluva job with almost zero resources and zero attention paid to the arts while in Austin, so she should really make some stuff happen in KC!
- Robert Longo created a nice charcoal drawing of Ferguson.
- It would be really funny if the Russians returned them to the Greeks. Or at least the English stopped calling them the Elgin Marbles.
- Harvard’s Art Museums are finally back open after a seemingly endless amount of construction over the years. Here’s a great look at the work done by City Lab.
- Maps of the Moon? Pretty wild actually.
- On a personal note, I recently applied for this Artist INC program and I hope I get in.
- Well, art tourism is art tourism. I hope one day these pictures rival the Mona Lisa, just for the heck of it.
- An interesting look at fake maps.
- Even museums are spying on you now.
- Art fraud always happened. Sometimes its a sad story.