February, 2017 – I spent the first half of the month finishing up a bunch of work for my show at Hank Charcuterie in Lawrence, Kansas. The show opens on Final Friday on February 23rd. You can take a look at all the information about ‘Bulls On Parade‘ here, and continue reading to see what I’ve been up to in studio.
February 4 – There’s never a dull moment in the art world! From the ridiculous to the sublime, here’s more of the recent news stories that keep popping up on the wire…
June 2017- My River Market Painting Studio is fully operational! I do have plans to build some additional easels to help out on some larger paintings I’m planning on working on soon, but it’s loaded with all the materials, tools, and books I need to produce a whole new body of work.
Mar 2017 –
Feb 2017- A new series of gestural paintings started to come together in my studio this month. Using a bullfighting motif, these paintings are all loosely executed with a shared palette across all the canvases.
Here are the latest links from around the web that deal with the art world, design, or just some interesting stuff in general:
- Austinites! Courtesy of the fine folks at Big Medium, the West Austin Studio Tour revs up this weekend and continues through next weekend. It’s your uber-less duty to check out and support as many artists as you can!
- Absolute weirdness from the folks who unabashedly mass produce beer in Eastern Missouri – Budweiser is going, um, American? Maybe the Budvar crowd will get really, really excited about this!
- I only found out about the previous Bud story because I wanted to show off the beautiful redesign Guinness did on its products.
- The sequel will be all about Shepard Fairey.
- Why are people such idiots? When I was in art school, painters joked that sculptures were things you bumped into when you were stepping back to look at a painting. Good work on getting that awesome facebook profile pic!
- More and more I’m of the mind politics and art shouldn’t cross paths too much – there’s plenty of reasons for this that I’ll go into in a future blog post – but when an artist does do something novel that combines the two and becomes notorious for it – the result of that notoriety shouldn’t be a punch in the fucking face. Seriously?
- I went and saw the final presentations of the Spring 2016 Artist Inc Fellows last week, and it was a pretty amazing wealth of talent on display and a pretty great program run by some fine, dedicated folks. Applications are now open for the next session in KC, so sign up today!