February 4 – Art world news is never boring! There’s never a dull moment in the art world! From the ridiculous to the sublime, here’s more of the recent news stories that keep popping up on the wire…
Here are the latest links from around the web that deal with the art world, design, or just some interesting stuff in general:
- Austinites! Courtesy of the fine folks at Big Medium, the West Austin Studio Tour revs up this weekend and continues through next weekend. It’s your uber-less duty to check out and support as many artists as you can!
- Absolute weirdness from the folks who unabashedly mass produce beer in Eastern Missouri – Budweiser is going, um, American? Maybe the Budvar crowd will get really, really excited about this!
- I only found out about the previous Bud story because I wanted to show off the beautiful redesign Guinness did on its products.
- The sequel will be all about Shepard Fairey.
- Why are people such idiots? When I was in art school, painters joked that sculptures were things you bumped into when you were stepping back to look at a painting. Good work on getting that awesome facebook profile pic!
- More and more I’m of the mind politics and art shouldn’t cross paths too much – there’s plenty of reasons for this that I’ll go into in a future blog post – but when an artist does do something novel that combines the two and becomes notorious for it – the result of that notoriety shouldn’t be a punch in the fucking face. Seriously?
- I went and saw the final presentations of the Spring 2016 Artist Inc Fellows last week, and it was a pretty amazing wealth of talent on display and a pretty great program run by some fine, dedicated folks. Applications are now open for the next session in KC, so sign up today!