Art News! — Art Post Haste #9
After a slightly unintended layoff of website updates, I’m finally getting around to posting some new posts, pages and more importantly – work! – to my old cyber friend, schliefkevision.
So without any more explanations or apologies, here’s some of the latest art news hitting the circuit lately:
- Delcacroix has always been one of my biggest painting heroes. It’s always nice to see the spotlight shine on him a bit every now and then.
- The question becomes how complicit was the gallery in selling a fake Rothko?
- I’ve look at this painting for almost twenty years. I wonder if I’ll have a different reaction to it now that its ‘known’ to have been painted by Bosch himself.
- A nice little write up about the mythology of Texas.
- High end Galleries have a lot of questions to grapple with these days. I always find ‘when will my art career merge with finance’ to be one of those questions also.
- Absolut has a series of promotional pop up ‘Art Bars’. One in Mexico is Aztec themed and makes customers pay with ‘cocoa bean shaped tokens‘. Of course, it’s already been done at SXSW.
- Speaking of pop-up art spaces, it’s as easy as following these seven simple steps. Get on it, everybody’s doing it!