February 4 – Art world news is never boring! There’s never a dull moment in the art world! From the ridiculous to the sublime, here’s more of the recent news stories that keep popping up on the wire…
- Donald Trump asked for some art for the White House. The Guggenheim replied in full.
- Subjects of artists speak their minds – and it has nothing to do with sexual harassment!
- Oh wait, this article is all about scrubbing art throughout history. But Caravaggio???
- Oh, and performance artists are in on this bigtime.
- Wait till he finds out he’s using hog hair bristles in those brushes…
- I don’t LOVE purple, so this LOVE story brought a little tear to my eye.
- A quick look at how the new tax plan affects artists. Sorry New York City!!!
- Archaeologists found a gigantic, complex Mayan city hidden under the jungle in Guatemala.
- And archaeologists still can’t find out what’s on the other side of King Tut’s wall…
- Thanks Google, but your app doesn’t really work all that well anyway.
For more art-post-haste links, follow along here.