Back again in the New Year!
While on the phone with a close friend, we were talking about the New Year and convincing ourselves this would finally be the year our artistic lives would take a decidedly awesome uptick and we’d make the money that would make our lives so much easier. “What could go wrong this year?”, I rhetorically stated, plowing into an unstoppable crescendo that culminated into the line, “this is an odd numbered year, that’s always a good sign!” As soon as those words came out of my mouth, she replied through laughter, “Yes, I know odd numbered years, like you said in 2013, 2011, 2009, 2007….”.
Well, things could be worse, you could be the guy who dropped King Tut’s mask and glued it back together with epoxy!
And with that slight ‘oops’, here are some other art related links that I’ve been looking at for a while, so sit back, peruse at your leisure, and enjoy the New Year!:
- My good friend Rory Skagen could make a million dollars annually if he got a piece of the action every time his Austin postcard mural was used by real estate folks and shameless marketers.
- Avoid doing anything real when you can just use an app for everything. Shake it off.
- Museum Selfies!!!
- My close friend Ian Shults is having a show in Austin at Wally Workman Gallery in April – I’ve seen some pictures and the new work looks spectacular!
- Ever wonder what a piece of art stares at all day at the museum? Well, wonder no more!
- In case you were wondering, it’s true, being an artist is sexy.
- Because Miami needs more high end anything, especially when ‘Arts’ is in the district’s name. Does everyone in Miami aspire to be Pitbull?